Original title: the functional allocation, internal organization and staffing requirements of the State Administration of radio and television
Article 1 These Provisions are formulated in accordance with the Decisions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party on Deepening the Reform of the Party and National Institutions, the Reform Plan for Deepening the Reform of the Party and National Institutions, and the Reform Plan for the Institutions of the State Council approved by the First Session of the Thirteenth National People's Congress.
The second state administration of radio and television is directly affiliated to the State Council and is the ministerial level.
The main responsibilities of the third State Administration of radio and television are:
(1) Implementing the Party's propaganda principles and policies, formulating policies and measures for the service and management of radio, television and network audio-visual programs, strengthening the management of radio and television positions, and grasping the correct guidance of public opinion and creation.
(2) To be responsible for drafting draft laws and regulations on the service and management of radio, television and network audio-visual programs, formulating departmental rules and regulations, industry standards, organizing the implementation, supervision and inspection, and guiding and promoting the reform of the system and mechanism in the field of radio and television.
(3) To be responsible for formulating policies and plans for the development of broadcasting and television undertakings, organizing and implementing major public welfare projects and public welfare activities for public services, guiding and supervising the construction of key infrastructure for broadcasting and television, and assisting the construction and development of broadcasting and television in border and poverty-stricken areas for all ages.
(4) To guide, coordinate and promote industrial development in the field of radio and television, formulate development plans, industrial policies and organize their implementation.
(5) To be responsible for the operational guidance and supervision of various broadcasting and television institutions, and to administer the network audio-visual program service institutions in conjunction with relevant departments. We shall implement administrative licensing according to law, and organize and investigate major violations of laws and regulations.
(six) guide the development of TV drama industry and production of TV drama. Supervise and manage the contents and quality of radio and TV programs and network audio-visual programs. Guidance and supervision of broadcasting and television advertising.
(7) To guide and coordinate major national radio and television publicity activities and guide the implementation of radio and television program evaluation.
(8) To be responsible for promoting the integration of radio and television with new media, new technologies and new formats, and promoting the integration of radio and television with telecommunications networks and the Internet.
(9) To organize the formulation of scientific and Technological Development plans, policies and industry technical standards for radio and television, and to organize the implementation, supervision and inspection. To supervise the transmission, coverage, monitoring and safe broadcasting of radio and television programs, guide and promote the construction of the national emergency broadcasting system. To guide and coordinate the security and security work of radio and television systems.
(10) Developing International Radio and television exchanges and cooperation, coordinating and promoting the work of going out in the field of radio and television, and taking charge of the import, collection and management of radio and television programs.
(eleven) guide the construction of talents in radio, TV and network audiovisual industry.
(twelve) accomplish other tasks assigned by the CPC Central Committee and the State Council.
The fourth State Administration of radio and television set up the following internal organs:
(1) the general office. Responsible for the daily operation of such organs as documents and telegrams, meetings, emergency duty, key machines, archives, supervision and inspection, undertake the work of government affairs publicity, press release, confidentiality, letters and visits, organ security, proposal handling and organ finance, and guide the management of logistic services and government affairs informatization.
(two) the division of policies and regulations. To study and draft major policies, laws and regulations for the service and management of radio, television and network audio-visual programs, and undertake the legitimacy review of normative documents. To undertake such tasks as hearing of major administrative penalties, administrative reconsideration, administrative response to litigation, foreign-related legal affairs and publicity of law. Organizing and coordinating administrative examination and approval.
(three) the propaganda department. To guide and coordinate major radio and television publicity activities and reports of major emergencies and emergency announcers. To guide the creation and production of radio and television programs throughout the country. To guide and supervise the creation, production and broadcasting of major national academic documentaries, documentaries and TV cartoons.
(four) teleplay division. To take charge of the guidance and supervision of the production of TV plays, organize and examine the contents of domestic TV plays, imported TV plays and co-production TV plays (including animated cartoons). Guiding and regulating the broadcasting of TV plays.
(five) media management division. To be responsible for the supervision and administration of radio and television broadcasting institutions and services, radio and television program production institutions, radio and television program transmission, cable TV pay channels, mobile digital television services. Draw up the evaluation policy of radio and TV programs, organize and implement them, and guide and supervise the broadcasting of radio and TV advertisements.
(six) network audiovisual program management department. To guide the development and publicity of network audio-visual program services. To supervise and control the audio-visual programs disseminated by information networks and public carriers, to examine their contents and quality, and to undertake the emergency treatment of programs. To guide the construction of the supervision system of network audio-visual programs, and to organize the investigation and punishment of illegal conduct of network audio-visual programs.
(seven) the media convergence development division. We will draw up major radio and television reform measures and push forward the reform of the system and mechanism. We should coordinate and promote the integration of three networks and promote the integration and development of new technologies and new formats of radio and television and new media. To administer and issue licenses for the dissemination of audio-visual programs through information networks, and to undertake the examination and approval of VOD services for broadcasting and television.
(eight) technology division. To formulate policies, plans, and industry standards for the development of radio, television and network audio-visual technology, and to organize and implement them. We should coordinate the promotion of radio and Television Scientific and technological innovation and major scientific and technological projects. To supervise the technical quality of broadcasting and television, guide the measurement and testing of broadcasting and television technology and the application and transformation of technical achievements.
(nine) safety transmission security division. To formulate the planning of the radio and television transmission coverage network and the monitoring and supervision network, and to promote the construction of the radio and television transmission coverage system, such as wired, wireless, satellite and so on. To be responsible for the supervision, management and technical guarantee of radio and television safety broadcasting, and to guide and supervise the transmission and coverage of radio and television programs. To guide and promote the construction of the national emergency broadcasting system, formulate relevant safety systems for broadcasting and television, and plan and organize the implementation of major emergencies. To guide the security and protection work of key Radio and television cable and wireless transmission facilities and radio and television stations throughout the country.
(ten) planning and Finance Division. To study and formulate plans for radio and television industry and industrial development, and to organize and implement them. To undertake the financial management of administrative units and directly affiliated units, and be responsible for budget and final accounts, state-owned assets management, capital construction projects, government procurement and internal audit. Undertake radio and television statistics.
(eleven) the division of public services. To guide and promote the standardization, equalization and supervision of public services in radio and television. We will coordinate and promote major projects such as "household-to-household" radio and television broadcasting, infrastructure construction of broadcasting and television in border areas and ethnic minority areas, and translation and production of programs in minority languages and languages. Undertake the poverty alleviation work of the general administration.
(twelve) International Cooperation Division (Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan office). To organize and carry out radio and television exchanges and cooperation with foreign countries, as well as with Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and to coordinate and promote the work of going out in the field of radio and television. To undertake the import, collection and management of radio and television programs. Supervise the landing and receiving of satellite TV reception facilities and overseas satellite TV programs.
(thirteen) personnel division. To assume the cadre and personnel management work of the organs and directly affiliated units. To be responsible for the professional qualifications of radio and television editors, reporters, broadcasters and presenters and the management of network audiovisual personnel.
Party committees of organs. Responsible for the discipline inspection work of the party and mass organizations and directly affiliated units in Beijing, and undertake the internal inspection work of the general administration.
Retired Cadres Bureau. To be responsible for the work of retired cadres and guide retired cadres in directly affiliated units.
The fifth state administration of radio and television has 263 administrative bodies. There are one Director-General and four deputy directors, and 46 directors (including one chief engineer, one full-time Deputy Secretary of Party committees, one leader of discipline commissions and three leaders of retired cadres bureaus).
Article 6 The establishment, duties and compilation of institutions affiliated to the State Administration of Radio and Television shall be stipulated separately.
Article 7 These Provisions shall be interpreted by the Office of the Central Institutional Preparatory Committee, and its adjustment shall be handled by the Office of the Central Institutional Preparatory Committee in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
The eighth Provisions come into effect on July 30, 2018.
Source: China institutional network
Editor in chief: Huo Yuang
Waonews is a news media from China, with hundreds of translations, rolling updates China News, hoping to get the likes of foreign netizens